Paper summaries assignment
You must submit 5 paper summaries, one for each group of papers:
- Group 1: Formal methods in practice.
(Papers: Amazon, Everest, CompCert, and Google/Facebook static analysis.)
- Group 2: File systems.
(Papers: SibylFS and FSCQ.)
- Group 3: Concurrency.
(Papers: x86-TSO, TSVD, PlusCal, Armada, and Iris.)
- Group 4: Distributed systems.
(Papers: IronFleet, I4, Verified network controllers, Empirical study.)
- Group 5: Security.
(Papers: Komodo, CertiKOS, Serval, Fine print.)
For each summary, pick one of the papers in the group, and explain:
- What are the main ideas that you learned from the paper?
- What are the advantages of the techniques this paper is talking about?
- What are the limitations or downsides?
- How does this paper relate to other papers in the same group, or in the class overall?
- What issues were brought up in the lecture discussion of this paper?
We will read, grade, and give feedback on each of your summaries.